Avoid these five development mistakes that can destroy your app
Developing an app must be simple right? There are millions of them floating out in the marketplaces. So how hard can they be to create?
(image from newgenaps.com)
The answer is hard. Entrepreneur recently identified five crucial mistakes that can destroy your app:
- Failing to make sufficient platform considerations. Think about where your app’s users are. If you have a predominantly American audience, then the iOS would be a good platform choice. For international audiences, however, publishing your app on Android may be your best bet.
- Thinking of a mobile experience as a downsized web experience. Apps and mobile web do not function the same way, so don’t think about them as the same. It is such an important difference that Apple will reject apps over similar designs. The same design decreases the value of your app to the consumer—it should be functional and responsive.
- Dropping the ball on monetization. If you are looking to monetize your app, start planning from the beginning and be proactive about using the correct path. Do what is best for your organization.
- Thinking the app’s going to sell itself. Plan to increase the visibility of your app once it hits the marketplace. With so many apps competing for space, you need to look at your target market, consumer trends and demand and set a goal.
- Trying to be the beta tester for your own app. This app has been your pride and joy. You’ve been working on it for months. In many cases, this stops you from seeing any potential flaws in it because you are so close to the app. Look for the outside perspective—it makes a difference.
If your organization is looking to develop an app, work with a reputable company—like Fountainhead Mobile Solutions—that can develop a technology to meet your needs.